You can view these rules on the REA website.
Complaints and dispute resolution procedures
In accordance with Rule 12 of the Real Estate Agents Act (Professional Conduct and Client Care Rules) 2012.
All licensed real estate agents are required to have a written in-house complaints and dispute resolution procedure. That procedure is set out below.
You do not have use our complaints and resolution procedure. You may make a complaint directly to the Real Estate Authority at any time. You can make a complaint to the Real Estate Authority even if you choose to also use our procedures.
In-house Complaints and Dispute Resolution Procedures
Our complaints and dispute resolution procedures are designed to provide a simple and personalised process for resolving any complaint you might have about the service you have received from our agency.
- Call us and speak to the Agents or Glorianne Campbell on 09-630-9491. Tell them who you are complaining about and your concerns. Let them know what you would like done about your complaint.
- They may ask you to put your complaint in writing so that they can investigate it. They will then need a brief period of time to talk to the team members involved. We promise to come back to you within 10 working days with a response to your complaint. That response may be in writing. As part of that response we might ask you to meet with members of our team to discuss the complaint and try and agree a resolution.
- If we are unable to come to an agreed resolution after a meeting, or if you don’t wish to meet with us, then we will provide you with a written proposal to resolve your complaint.
- If you do not accept our proposal please try and advise us in writing within 5 working days. You can, of course, suggest another way of resolving your complaint.
- If we accept your preferred resolution we will attempt to implement that resolution as soon as possible. If we decline your preferred resolution we may invite you to mediate the dispute.
- If we agree to mediate the complaint but don’t settle the complaint at mediation, or we do not agree to mediate the dispute then that will be the end of our process.
Phone: (09) 630 9491
You can make a complaint to the Real Estate Authority in the first instance, or after you have referred the matter to us. The Real Estate Authority
c/- PO Box 25-371
Phone 0800 for REA or 0800 367 7322
Visit the REA Website.